2. Chicken Noodle Soup
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp (EVOO) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 fresh bay leaf
- 6 cups homemade or store bought chicken broth
- 1 C. cold water
- Table salt and freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
- 2 cups wide egg noodles
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts
- 2 cups carrots, chopped and peeled
- 1 yellow onion, diced finely
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
Chicken noodle soup is a favorite among even the pickiest of eaters. Standing over a stove cooking it is not always a possibility. This is a mouthwatering crock pot recipe that allows for a set-it and forget-it method of making a favorite classic dish.
In the bottom of at least a 6-quart crock pot, put down the boneless skinless chicken breast. On top of the chicken add chopped carrots, diced onion, celery, garlic, olive oil, thyme, and the fresh bay leaf.
Add in the chicken broth, water, and season with salt and pepper. Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on low heat for at least 6 hours.
Next, take out the cooked chicken and cut it up into bite-sized pieces. After thoroughly cut up, it can be added back the slow cooker.
Then, add in the egg noodles and parsley. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes or until the noodles are soft.